Safeguarding at St Anne’s
The care and protection of children, young people and adults involved in Church activities is the responsibility of everyone who participates in the life of our Church.
- Promoting a safer environment and culture
- Safely recruiting and supporting all those with any responsibility related to children and vulnerable adults
- Responding promptly to every safeguarding concern or allegation
- Caring pastorally for victims/survivors of abuse or other affected persons
- Caring pastorally for those who are the subject of concerns/allegations of abuse and other affected persons
- Responding to those that may pose a present risk.
IF YOU ARE CONCERNED that someone you know is at risk of, or is being abused, or presents a risk to others please seek advice from our Safeguarding Adviser or if necessary report the matter to Bury Social Care Services or the Greater Manchester Police without delay.
Local contacts available to speak to if you have any concerns:
Mark Granby – Parish Safeguarding Officer – 07747 767913 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Rev HW Bearn – Parish Priest – 01204 883713 or email@example.com
Abbey Clephane-Wilson – Diocesan Safeguarding Adviser – 0161 828 1451 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Bury Multi Agency Safeguarding Hub – 0161 253 5678
Greater Manchester Police 101 or 999 in the case of an emergency
For more information visit www.churchofengland.org/safeguarding