Members enjoyed a Pie and Pea supper catered for by Sam Legge and her team followed by the Annual General meeting. It was Alison’s last branch meeting at and as Tottington St Anne’s Mothers’ Union, before she moves on to her new home, in Monaco. We wish her love and happiness in her new venture- don’t forget us in Tottington!
Continued with the ‘Who is Who?’ quiz as we continue to learn more about our branch members.
Margaret Moffatt, mother of Richard Moffatt introduced herself to all- a heartfelt thank you from her to all members saying she’s felt ‘very settled since moving to Tottington, to be near her son.’
Mothers’ Union Business- Annual General Meeting
- The meeting started at 7:00pm in the Church Hall, with a service led by Isobel Hinchliffe, followed by the AGM led by Alison Bearn (Branch Leader) and Mavis Jolley (Deputy Branch Leader). Forty-six Mothers’ Union members attended
- Welcome and prayer for Ukraine delivered by Alison
- Thank- you card read out
- Thoughts and prayers for our indoors members
- Minutes of the last AGM approved
- Financial Report presented by Mavis
- Reflected on the past years’ work- branch outreach work, welfare visits 2022-23
- Programme schedule outline for 2023/2024 presented
- Branch Leaders Report presented including thanks to Vera and Sandra for their commitment and loyalty as MU Committee members over the past years! Both presented with a bouquet of flowers and a crystal vase. Sandra Cain was presented with 25 years membership of the MU certificate. Thanks to all MU committee members for their hard work over 2022/2023. Report ended with two key messages ‘love God & love thy neighbour’ Alison has felt the warmth and comfort from all members as Branch Leader over the past year!
- Voted on new MU members
- Thank you to Alison for all her hard work and commitment as Branch Leader over the past year! Alison presented with a bouquet of flowers and a very stylish backpack!
- Mavis installed as MU Branch Leader by Rev’s Hugh Bearn ‘may she be supported in prayer and practical matters by branch members, deanery/group and diocesan leaders. ‘
Deanery & Diocesan update
- Manchester MU Newsletter- March 2023
- Spring Council meeting- St John’s House, Bury, Saturday 22 April 2023, 11:00-15:00 all welcome
- Church House has moved to Bury: St. John’s House, 155-163 The Rock, Bury BL9 0ND
- Mothers’ Union Annual Gathering 2023- 22 September York Barbican
- Rev’d Viv trip to Uganda
- The meeting closed at 9:22pm.